NIAAA Hiring Full-Time Copywriter
Friday, March 6, 2020
Posted by: Nellie Crocker
The NIAAA is now accepting applications for a full-time copywriter.
Please see the job posting below and submit your application as instructed.
Education and Background
Bachelor's degree required.
An interest and appreciation of interscholastic athletics is beneficial.
1. Development of informative, engaging and educational content for various digital and print media.
2. Work with a variety of content including press releases, social media, website, brochures, advertising,
scripts, quarterly magazine, booklets, digital newsletter and apps.
3. Research and source articles, stories and educational content.
4. Collaborate with the Manager of Membership and Communications regarding projects.
5. Communicate with personnel such as graphic artist, publisher and print/mailer.
6. Work with Development, Marketing and Public Relations Manager in maintaining a consistent brand.
7. Coordinate content publishing calendars.
8. Efficient management of project deadlines, timeframes, cooperative efforts and media accounts.
9. Meet and advise Publications Committee responsible for primary content articles of IAA magazine.
10. Work alongside Directors in oversight of NIAAA provisions, and offerings of the Professional
11. Create promotional strategies to help accomplish organizational goals.
a. Journalism and creative writing experience preferred.
b. Bachelor's degree desired in English, Journalism, or Communications with emphasis on Journalism, or
c. Successful history of writing and effectively communicating ideas, concepts, learning material.
d. Attention to detail in proofreading.
e. Strong customer service skills.
f. Development of concepts from creative brainstorming to implementation.
g. Collaborative work style, team player, self-starter and initiative. Able to work independently, as well as
with all office personnel.
h. Strong verbal communication skills.
i. Ability to prioritize and demonstrate flexibility when handling multiple projects.
j. Basic understanding of the non-profit association mission and philosophy is a plus.
k. Strengths in related areas would be of benefit, such as training or skills such as videography, graphic
arts, communication technology, visual/audio communication, photography.
l. Proficiency in platforms such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite, online project management
tools and social media sites are necessary.
m. Can provide portfolio and writing samples.
n. Positively represents the association at all times.
· Salary negotiable
· Medical, dental, term life insurance, disability insurance and pension retirement plans
· Ten days' vacation, 12 personal days, and 12 paid holidays per fiscal year.
Final day for receiving applications: April 6, 2020.
Send one copy of the following:
1 ) Cover letter and resume. Include phone number and email.
2) Listing of 3 references along with full contact information for each.
3) One page (max) description of interest in position, qualifications and/or your background information
* Send application materials electronically to NIAAA Executive Director: email@example.com.
If sent regular mail: Mike Blackburn, 9100 Keystone Crossing, Suite 650, Indianapolis, IN 46240
No other contact other than the application materials as described will be accepted.
You need not send college credential files unless specifically asked to do so.